The California Heart Center, the cardiology group that developed the nation's largest heart transplant program, has joined the Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute and Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation.
At the Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute, Dr. Kobashigawa will serve as director of heart transplantation, director of advanced heart disease and as the institute's associate director for clinical affairs.
Dr. Kobashigawa's colleagues at the California Heart Center also have key roles in the Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute:
· Jaime Moriguchi, M.D.; Medical Director, Mechanical Circulatory Support Program
· Michele Hamilton, M.D.; Director, Heart Failure Program
· Antoine Hage, M.D.; Director, Solid Organ Transplant Cardiology
· Jignesh Patel, M.D., Ph.D.; Co-Medical Director , Heart Transplant Program
· Michelle Kittleson, M.D., Ph.D.;Director, Post Graduate Education in Heart Failure and Transplantation
The physicians of the California Heart Center are all faculty members of the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and are actively involved in the academic mission of the university.